This is a once-a-week standard in the Messy Chef Brooklyn household, and will likely become a standard in the Messy Chef Boston household as well. It's easy and healthy. What's not to love?
Turkey Taco Tuesday
Ground turkey ~ 1 lb
Bell pepper (your choice of color. I personally hate the green ones).
Onion
Taco seasoning
Soft tacos
Salsa
Low/non fat plain greek yogurt
Cilantro (optional. cilantro, though, is my favorite vegetable*)
Cheese for topping
Saute the onions and peppers. If you are crazy, like we are, grill the onions and peppers.
Saute the ground turkey with the taco seasoning, breaking it up as it cooks. I usually don't add the full amount of water that's called for on the taco seasoning packet. I might add half the amount.
Assemble the tacos, topping with cheese, salsa, and yogurt.
* bonus points if you know which red sox player claims cilantro as his "favorite vegetable."
No comments:
Post a Comment